Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Louisa, Virginia, United States
Wood PLC is currently sourcing for Civil Surveyors and Rover Surveyors to join a solar construction project in Louisa, Virginia. Our Renewable Energy construction business is experiencing rapid growth and numerous opportunities various skilled craftsmen.
This position will be responsible for operating both Top-Con and Trimble equipment as well as Rover equipment.
Must be able to input Grading Models into Rover equipment, remove data from Rover equipment for as-built data. Checking structure elevations, setting slope on drain piping, setting alignment and located structure items for installation layout.
U.S. Only : Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Land Surveyor License is a + but not required.
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Active listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking question as appropriate and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of other individuals.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to use standard and/or metric rule to measure.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.