Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Architect to join our Built Environment group with the option to be based in Ontario (Burlington, Cambridge or Richmond Hill) or Dartmouth, Nova Scotia or St. John's NL offices. You will work independently in collaborative design environment with support from the Seniors as needed, often remotely. You will be delivering architectural design projects and solutions for compliance with building codes and life safety requirements.
Our projects are nationwide and international in range and scope. We have a full service architectural and engineering staff in-house, and are committed to a widely collaborative and integrated design with all team members contributing to our projects success.
- Responsible for project planning and development
- Develop content and execute all phases of architectural projects including preparing and reviewing drawings, specifications, studies and building code reviews
- Collaborate with project managers, engineers, designers, and other project team members to carry out project requirements
- Proficient in Revit and BIM environment, and prepare 2D and 3D presentation and production drawings
- Successfully manage and interface with in-house and consulting project teams and clients through all phases of projects
- Demonstrate ability, in a leadership role, in working with integrated architectural and engineering design teams in project design and documentation
- Demonstrated capability and willingness to work in support of engineering disciplines as well as in pure architectural projects
- Ability and willingness to travel for occasional field work to perform building survey assessments on regional, national, and / or global projects and approximately 10% travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years' well-rounded experience in the following project types; infrastructure, transportation, industrial, commercial, federal, healthcare, pharmaceutical and institutional design
- Demonstrated excellence in design, organization, communication and team management
- Registered architect (in a Canadian province/territory)
- LEED accreditation
- B.Arch and/or M.Arch; accredited by the Canadian Architectural Certification Board (CACB)
- Proficient in current digital modeling applications including Revit, BIM, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Rhino and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in all phases and technical aspects of facility design, from programming through post construction services
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.