Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a team player to join our Infrastructure team as an Intermediate Bridge Engineer based in our Burlington, Ontario office.
Wood maintains and foster a strong Health and Safety culture; our vast array of expertise, size, and diversity allows us to perform integrated multi-disciplinary and multi-objective planning, study, design and construction administration projects throughout Canada. Wood has numerous client relationships that are decades old. The strength and longevity of these relationships are a testament to our commitment to understanding client needs, delivering creative value-added solutions and measuring our own performance relative to the success of our clients.
The Intermediate Bridge Engineer, reports to the Senior Bridge Lead Engineer for Infrastructure and will work collaboratively with Wood's Transportation teams.
- As a member of our Bridge team the successful candidate will execute projects of varying size and complexity including major highway bridges, standard bridges / culverts, and municipal pedestrian structures
- Develop and review preliminary engineering of new bridges, bridge rehabilitation design, life-cycle cost analysis and detailed design of new bridge structures
- Conduct load evaluations, review of drawing preparation and specifications, preparation of tender documents (including schedules and estimates) and construction administration
- Support bridge inspection assignments for provincial and municipal clients using guiding OSIM principles and requirements
- Assist in the preparation of proposal submissions for established and prospective clients
- Maintain client relationships to further establish Wood's presence in the field of bridge engineering
- Assist in identification and development of new business opportunities
- Provide assistance in the support and development of junior bridge group staff
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Structural Engineering (bridges) is required; Master's degree or higher will be considered an asset
- Minimum seven (7) years of relevant Ontario experience
- Related experience with Ministry of Transportation Ontario is required including familiarity and working knowledge of CPS and HiCo software
- Sound understanding of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CSA-S6) and Ministry of Transportation Ontario standards
- Professional engineer licensed to practice in Ontario is required. Professional registration in other provinces and states will be considered an asset
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks demonstrating a flexible approach to work assignments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.