Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Wood Ireland need a Senior Marine Civil/Structural or Coastal Engineer to work in the Marine Terminals team in our Galway office. You will be involved in the planning and design of marine terminal infrastructure around the world on a wide range of projects. This is a new role created because of business growth. Projects vary across the renewable energy, bulk-mining and Oil & Gas industries.
As an experienced Senior Marine Engineer, you will have proven design, planning and project management experience delivering nearshore/coastal Civil & Structural infrastructure. You will have experience of developing a range of terminal solutions from initial concept through to detailed design for implementation.
Skills / Qualifications
- Leading concept, front-end and detailed design activities for port infrastructure, including jetties, dolphins, quay structures, dredge layouts, breakwaters and revetments.
- Developing preliminary navigation studies in accordance with PIANC guidelines.
- Preparation of cost estimates and tender documentation.
- Liaison with other disciplines during design process.
- Inspection and assessment of existing marine infrastructure.
- Mentoring and leadership of more junior engineering staff.
- Project management of smaller scopes.
- Understanding of shipping and navigation principles
- Understanding of berthing and mooring infrastructure design
- Understanding of pile/quay wall design and general geotechnical principles
- Familiar with relevant designs codes (BS6349, EC2, EC3, EC7, AISC, ACI318 etc)
- Proven ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to liaise directly with clients.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to travel for occasional international business trips.
Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in Civil/Structural/Maritime Engineering
- Chartered Engineer preferred, or working toward chartered status
- Proven experience in design and delivery of coastal and harbour infrastructure (piled jetties/trestles, breasting and mooring dolphins, sheet piles etc.)
- Proven experience in detailed design of reinforced concrete and steel structures
- Proven experience in the use of structural analysis software packages
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.