Skills: Facilities Management, Maintenance Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Carlsbad, New Mexico, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Facilities Specialist in Carlsbad, NM. The successful candidate will be part of an integrated team responsible for the maintenance of existing and construction of new facilities necessary to support a development program.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Supervise contract personnel and ensure all HES procedures and policies are followed
- Adjust contractor staffing to meet the project and/or maintenance schedule
- Manage cost and materials associated with maintenance and construction projects
- Facilitates equipment and material delivery requirements and adjusts planned activities to maintain productivity
- Inspect facilities construction work to ensure all work is being performed to MRO's specifications and according to project documentation
- Review and redline P&IDs. Communicate any discrepancies to Facilities Engineering
- Capture and control facility documentation requirements as per the Client's Responsible Operations Management (ROMS) Standard
- Gather equipment information as necessary for Measurement, Environmental and Production Operations teams
- Base knowledge of maintenance plans for specified equipment. I.e. Separator, Tanks, Related Vessels and Scrubbers
- Advise and assist with Planning and Scheduling of PM/Construction to insure all work is completed timely manner
- Work with Maintenance and Construction Supervisor to prioritize maintenance work and proactively minimize deferred production and reduce operating costs
- On site interaction with landowners and regulatory personnel
- Capable of performing NORM Surveying, line-locating, and safe work permitting
- Ensures all maintenance activities are driven through SAP PM
Skills / Qualifications
- Preferred minimum of 5 years of oil and gas industry construction and maintenance experience, including leading contract crews
- General computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products are required; knowledge of SAP-PM preferred
- Working practical knowledge of pipe fitting, welding, earthwork, equipment operation, and electrical installation
- Experience with installing tanks, vessels, flares, compressors, pipe, instrumentation, and other typical oil and gas processing equipment
- Strong commitment to safety
- Preferred minimum 5+ years of oil field maintenance and construction experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to: work in temperature extremes or adverse weather conditions; to work both in and out of company-owned vehicle; wear appropriate safety equipment; walk, bend, stoop and lift; work in several geographic locations each day. Capable of climbing ladders, stairs, fixed to various equipment during production and drilling operations. Work weekends and be on-call.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.