Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Built Environment group based in Burlington, Cambridge, Richmond Hill, ON office with the flexibility to work remotely. the Senior Mechanical Engineer will play an integral role in the delivery and execution of complex, challenging and innovative projects. The position will support our building design and engineering practice and work alongside various multi-disciplinary engineering and architecture teams. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of building services projects ranging in size and complexity, including municipal, healthcare, commercial, transit, and industrial projects. This opportunity is ideally suited for an experienced professional engineer with an entrepreneurial mindset to support a growing design practice. We are looking for a self-starter who is motivated and able to foster internal and external relationships, possesses the ability to work as an integral part of a project team, who can interface with both internal and external project team members, and collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Participate in the design of plans, preliminary estimations, and details for a variety of Federal, Municipal Industrial, Transportation & commercial projects
- Help prepare reports, proposals, bid submissions, budgets, project plans and other supporting documentation
- Assist in the development of Business Plans to ensure project scope and contractual commitments are attainable
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, fire protection and controls building systems
- Survey the existing mechanical systems of buildings
- Design calculations for piping and ducting sizes, heating and cooling loads using energy modeling software
- Design of mechanical systems and equipment selection based on calculations
- Business development, proposal generation
- Energy Consumption and LEED experience is an asset
- Managing role for projects from design development through construction to final commissioning
- Coordinate with other disciplines during design and work in a team environment
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors of Applied Science in Mechanical
- P.Eng designation in Ontario (or eligible)
- 7+ years' experience in mechanical designs for building systems.
- Expertise in developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- LEED AP is an asset
- Proposal experience
- Proficient with REVIT, AutoCAD
- Experience leading multi-discipline design teams in support of government and private clients
- Experience in conducting design reviews
- Experience in design/build delivery
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.