Skills: Heavy Lift / Pipelay
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting for a Junior Lifting Engineer, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Be eager to learn and seek continued development towards being focal point for the compilation and development of all lift plans that require engineering input, typically, complicated and complex lifting operations for the inclusion in to the construction execution work packs and take part in Planning Stage Risk Assessments (PSRA)
- Advise / assist onshore project discipline and work pack engineers on the technical aspects, suitability and adequacy of lifting equipment for lifting operations
- Support the project lifting management structure and ensure its compliance with corporate procedure
- Support the offshore project management team, e.g. the Appointed Person and Rigging Supervision in the development of lift plans and task risk assessments
- Ensure HSSE safe working practices and procedures are strictly adhered to. Ensure all lift plans are developed in compliance with LOLER regulations and with client / Wood corporate lifting procedures. Ensure the highest quality of workmanship at all times
- Categorize the lifting operation and record the lift plan number in the work pack
- Identify any potential hazards that may be experienced when the lift is performed offshore
- Learn to develop the lift plan with the involvement of both onshore technical engineering team and the offshore Appointed Person - Moving Loads and the rigging supervision as appropriate
- Once competent, advise onshore project engineers and offshore rigging supervision and rigging teams on the selection of lifting equipment to ensure it is suitable and adequate for the lifting operation in hand
- Participate in and support project safety plans, policies and procedures, project planning stage risk assessments
- Learn project procedures to align with current legislative requirements and communicate to the project lifting community, lifting incident and accident investigations, and contribute in constructability reviews
- Undertake offshore / onshore lifting surveys as required
Skills / Qualifications
Preference will be given to Bruneian citizens or Brunei permanent residents
• Rigging/Lifting Certification would be beneficial.
• Offshore certification and medical is required.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• The preferred candidate would have experience in structural drawings and be strong in making mathematical calculations.
• Ensures consistent alignment to company values and behaviours
• Must be competent in the use of computer systems
• Proficiency in Malay and English verbally and in writing is a pre-requisit
• Results Driven Self-starter: Takes initiative and consistently delivers results of the highest quality, takes accountability for one's work, has a sense of urgency, overcomes hurdles and ensures that results are delivered
• Able and willing to roll up one's sleeves and do what it takes to deliver results; willing to handle both routine tasks and be an agile learner taking on new responsibilities that challenge and exceed what the person has done before
• Inquisitive nature, looks for new ways of working to maximize results
• Customer Service Orientation: Has a service orientation to internal clients, being responsive to needs, effectively managing expectations
• A collaborative nature
Amec Foster Wheeler is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.