Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Gainesville, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineering Technician in the Central to North Florida area. Wood is a multi-disciplined engineering, environmental, and construction services consulting firm.
Wood is routinely awarded contracts on a regional and national level for the government, commercial, industrial, transportation, water, energy, and mining sectors. Projects are anticipated to include construction of earth dams, levees, industrial waste water ponds, and tailings storage facilities.
- 5+ years experience in the geotechnical and earthworks construction fields
- Relevant field testing certifications (CTQP, ACI etc.) and experience with geotechnical laboratory testing
- Experience with geotechnical drilling and field testing, construction materials testing and inspection, and geosynthetics installation
- Geosynthetics QA/QC training and certification (GSI GCI-ICP) is not required but considered a positive asset
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Must have demonstrated leadership abilities and be a motivated team player
- Excellent client service abilities and ability to meet deliverables on time and on budget
- Valid Drivers License
Skills / Qualifications
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.