Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Orla, Texas, United States
Looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Plant Operator in Orla, TX. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and more. Candidate will be working in a gas plant performing preventative maintenance, and repairs on engine/compressors, pumps, dehydration units, valves,etc.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- To look for ways to continually enhance uptime of the Plant's operations and activities where previous experience indicates improvements can be made
- To provide experience in plant start-up operations
- Work in a control room environment and out in the plant as needed.
- To ensure that all facilities are maintained in an acceptable manner, that work is performed to a safe standard and authorized under the client's safe system of work
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of start-up procedures for new facilities and changes to equipment; operating and maintenance procedures
- Assist Operations in ensuring that P&ID's and schematics are kept up to date & regularly re-issued
Skills / Qualifications
- 2 + years of Gas Plant Industry experience with proven experience of plant operations, piping, and control operations
- Proven knowledge of Amine Sweetening, Inlet Liquid Recovery and Stabilization, Dehydration, Cryo, and NGL Recovery Systems
- Must have the ability to work in a remote and challenging environment
- Demonstrable knowledge of Safety Standards and Permit to Work Controls and PSM Facility requirements
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.