Skills: Waste Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Wood's Albuquerque NN office has an opening for a Water/Wastewater Engineer with a minimum seven (7) years of experience. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's, their enthusiasm, and technical contributions? If so, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. Wood provides the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their careers. We offer diversified and interesting clients and projects. We would love to have you join our team of hard-working, dedicated, welcoming and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
The primary focus of the position is project work for the development of engineering studies, design reports, construction documents, and construction oversight/administration related to water/wastewater infrastructure in the municipal and industrial markets. We have a talented staff and work in a friendly, flexible, positive, collaborative environment.
- Provide engineering services in support of water and wastewater infrastructure
- Water - resources planning, production (surface and ground), treatment, pumping, storage, distribution utilities
- Wastewater - collection utilities, pumping, treatment, disposal, reuse, and regulatory compliance
- Aid clients with bidding and administering construction projects and in observing the quality of work.
- Manage projects including scope, budget, schedule, and resource loading.
- Guide and coordinate project teams, including ensuring the timeliness and technical quality of deliverables.
- Lead, train, and mentor junior staff.
- Provide services to clients from a variety of industries, backgrounds, and cultures. Secure client satisfaction with the product provided by Wood.
- Work In partnership with members of other Wood offices on large projects and regional pursuits.
- Establish and build relationships with new clients. Build and maintain relationships with existing clients in New Mexico and surrounding states. Procure new project assignments from both existing and new clients.
- Will travel to project sites across New Mexico and in surrounding states. Approximately 10% overnight travel.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering or other related engineering discipline; MS is a plus
- New Mexico Professional Engineering registration or ability to obtain New Mexico registration within 6 months of hire
- 7 years + of relevant experience in water and wastewater systems engineering.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving aptitude and the ability to work on multiple, unique assignments simultaneously
- Practiced at engineering small and large multi-disciplined water/wastewater projects, including the responsibility for client satisfaction and engineering quality and program success
- Acquainted with strategic thinking for sustaining and growing a professional services organization
- Rural Communities - Experience assisting small/rural communities and Native American communities is a plus
- Possesses the talent to build an efficiently working team from a group of individually talented professionals to obtain challenging goals. Possesses the desire to work hard at supporting personal and career goals of team members
- Clear and concise, verbal, and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and communications, coordinate meetings, conduct effective client and public presentations
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites across New Mexico and in surrounding states. Approximately 10% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, background check, and physical, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.