Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions (E&IS) has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer, this position can be based in any of our Eastern Canada office locations or there may be an opportunity to work remotely.
Wood has a global network of engineers, scientists and project managers, we apply ingenuity, innovative technologies and customer focus to deliver solutions for complex environmental and infrastructure challenges. Wood E&IS is a diverse business of over 400 specialty skills delivered through 6,000 people in 160 offices across Canada, Chile, Peru and the US. From engineering resilient facilities to restoring contaminated sites, we provide support across the life cycle of our customers' assets in the government, industrial and manufacturing, mining, power, infrastructure, and oil and gas sectors.
The successful candidate will be working with a robust team of technical specialists supporting one of the largest environmental remediation projects in North America. You will be joining an international company with global resources who are passionate about delivering innovative solutions to our clients, we employ some of the world's best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of our future. We are driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. We're seeking a Senior Environmental Engineer who wants to join a team committed to be a trusted partner for our customers by consistently delivering excellence.
The successful candidate will complement our existing Ontario based environmental remediation team and will assist the Project Manager in developing and executing remediation strategies and activities at our client sites. You are proficient in feasibility assessment, design and construction of soil and groundwater remediation systems, as well as technical writing of design reports and the preparation of construction documents and specifications.
- Developing and executing remediation strategies
- Conduct remediation feasibility studies, remedial investigations, detailed remedial design and planning, quantity and cost estimating, preparation of construction documents and scheduling
- Produce technical design reports and prepare construction documents
- Coach and mentor junior and intermediate level staff
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil/Chemical/Geological/Environmental Engineering [advanced degree(s) preferred]
- 10+ years of related experience in consulting engineering firm and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations
- Must be licensed as P.Eng with the Professional Engineers Ontario
- Experience with large environmental assessment and remediation projects [experience with remediation and management of radiological wastes is preferred]
- Experience working with diverse (both technically and geographically) project teams; Experience with remediation feasibility studies, remedial investigation, detailed remedial design and planning, quantity and cost estimating, preparation of construction documents and specifications
- Self-starter, able to complete tasks with minimal supervision and direction
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail; track record of quality work products
- Demonstrated performance of independent analysis, problem solving and strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
- Strong personal safety culture
- Experience overseeing remedial construction
- The successful candidate will be required to obtain Canadian Federal Security Clearance
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.