Skills: Fitter / Turner
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Convent, Louisiana, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipefitter to join our team in St. James La.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Individual must have experience and skills to fabricate, install,bend and cut pipe.
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have at least 4 years experience as a Pipefitter and NCCER certification is a plus
- Cuts pipe using hacksaw, pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine
- Should be able to select size of pipe and related materials and equipment such as hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, recognize and demonstrates safe usage of power tools and hand tools appropriate for the job
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.