Skills: Fitter / Turner
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Port Lavaca, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Pipefitter Bolt Up with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. You must be able to read piping drawings, remove and install different types of piping systems in a safe, efficient manner.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipelines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints, ISO's or other drawings and recognize basic blueprint terms and symbols for job application
- Plan pipe system layout, installation, or repair according to specifications
- Measure and mark pipes for cutting and threading
- Assemble and secure pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment, according to specifications, by welding, brazing, cementing, soldering, and threading joints
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipe to specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and pipe threaders and benders
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of power tools appropriate for the job
- Recognize various materials used in piping systems and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, forklifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices
- Identify, explain and perform crane hand signals
- Demonstrate ability to accurately perform field measurements and sketches
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to use industry standards in dimensioning fabricated piping systems
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- The employee must be able to use standard and/or metric rule to measure
- Demonstrate ability to use whole numbers, fractions and decimals to add, subtract, multiply and divide and be able to accurately follow instructions
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Should have 1 - 3 years of experience as a Pipefitter Helper or similar experience
- Should have 1-2 years' experience as a journeyman Pipefitter or Boilermaker
- 2 years of formal Pipefitter training may substitute for up to 2 years of helper experience
Years of Craft Experience
1- 2 Yrs. Journeyman Exp
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.