Skills: Project Management, Supply & Distribution
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood perform consulting, and EPCM services for many of Canada's power generation and power distribution companies.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager, Distribution. Reporting to the Manager, Distribution Projects & Programs, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. This role has overall responsibility for the successful execution of electrical distribution projects and programs in our Vancouver office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Safe, environmentally responsible, timely and on-budget delivery of distribution projects
- Managing project team and sub-contractors to ensure cost effective, efficient, safe and timely completion of asset replacement or new capital/system improvement projects in order to meet or exceed client expectations
- Meeting with the client and managing their expectations
- Developing and executing project plans, designs, and studies that meet the client's needs and comply with all applicable regulations
- Overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal Wood personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing efficient project delivery services
- Providing status reports to project sponsors regarding the overall project progress and performance
- Managing scope changes proactively and resolving complex issues both with clients and internal teams
- Mentoring and training junior project managers and project services support
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree or a Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate preferably in relevant industry is an asset
- Seven or more years of experience in distribution asset replacement and new capital and system improvement projects, including at least five years of increasing responsibility as a team lead or manager
- Experience in power line asset replacement and new capital/system improvement is an asset
- Good communication skills including excellent oral, written and presentation skills for communication with internal team, stakeholders and clients
- Good planning, organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel to field locations as required and maintain Class 5 driver license in a good standing
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.