Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Test Automation Engineer with extensive experience in IT.
Digital & Technology at Wood has an opportunity for a Test Automation Engineer to join our busy, friendly agile team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on high value software products which are delivered to prestigious organisations world-wide. With more than 20 years of experience in software development and innovation, our developers, testers and domain experts work together to deliver engineering, design and operational management solutions that address the primary threats to the safety, operation and productivity of your energy and industrial assets.
This key position will see you contributing to ongoing product enhancement with a focus on streamlining company delivery and test processes. You will analyse user requirements to produce test plans, strategies and reports, including both manual and automated test scripts. Working in a multidisciplinary agile team, you will be required to execute manual and automated tests on both internal staging and test servers as well as in customer environments and carry out performance, integration, system and user acceptance testing. You will be asked to review software requirements and provide the team with accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, highlight risks and foreseeable dependencies.
You will report to the Development Manager and interact with Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to the automated acceptance test framework, maintaining it on an ongoing basis to reflect new changes and enhancements that are being made to the products on an ongoing basis
- Managing automated acceptance tests as part of Continuous Integration and Deployment to verify the functionality and quality of the software throughout the development lifecycle
- Ensuring that all test failures are identified and appropriate actions taken so that either issues in the software are resolved or the test suite is modified accordingly
- At all times manage the automated test suite to ensure that it reflects the intended product functionality, seeking clarifications as required
- Acting as the focal point for automated testing within the cross-functional agile development team, continuously testing and liaising with other team members to ensure the project is released on time, with the required quality and functionality
- Creating and maintaining test documentation including test cases, test scripts etc.
- Analysing defects and identifying their root cause
- Performing application testing using appropriate test cases and providing written and verbal feedback to software developers for remedial work required
- Accurately reporting test results into the defect tracking system and following issues through to satisfactory resolution
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience of testing web and desktop applications in an agile BDD environment
- Automation tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, JUnit, Maven and Jenkins
- Manual, functional and regression testing experience
- Creating test suites for web services and APIs
- Reporting issues using (JIRA/DevOps) defect tracking system and strong communication skills to liaise with stakeholders
- Cross browser testing of web applications
- Data driven testing and competency in writing SQL queries using tools such as Toad and SQLDeveloper
We offer the opportunity to work on prestigious world-wide projects and the potential for personal growth within an expanding organisation. As the role requires a significant amount of team interaction, a good standard of spoken and written English is needed. Please note that we are ideally looking for someone who is already living within a commutable distance of the office, and applications will only be considered from individuals entitled to live and work in the UK.
The role may require occasional international travel to client sites to support on-site deployments, and occasional client support outside of normal office hours to take into account different time zones.
Salary is negotiable according to skills and experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.