Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Process Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of process engineering principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Process Engineer will plan, schedule and conduct technically complex engineering assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- Serve as the process engineer on project s ; planning, managing and coordinating the process engineering activities on large and/or technically complex portion of a project and/or serve in an individual contributor role as the process expert completing broadly defined and/or technically complex engineering assignments .
- Ability to travel internationally as required to meet with clients. The candidate is expected to be the front liaison with clients.
- Develop, review and approve process plant material balance, process design criteria, PFDs, P&IDs, plant layouts and 3-D models, technical specifications, technical evaluations and provide recommendations for equipment purchases.
- Develop process circuit design from analysis and interpretation of test-work program results or plant data
- Participate in process plant HAZOP reviews. Participate in design reviews (model reviews, ergonomics, maintainability) and manage resolution of action items
- Provide metallurgical test work definition, supervision , interpretation and direction.
- Liaise with client process engineers on design issues and incorporating client requirements in a cost effective and low risk manner
- Provide on-site support during construction and commissioning, or for operational improvement
- Assist in the development of capital and operating cost estimates for metallurgical processes
- Prepare and or assist in proposals, design drawings, calculations, contract information (CI) sheets, BEDD sheets, specifications and other engineering documentation using standards and/or new methods as required
- Prepare technical specifications for equipment
- Coordinate and interface with equipment suppliers
- Prepare technical evaluations of supplier's proposals
- Work and communicate with project management team
- Perform or review engineering and design tasks requiring operation of available computer assisted software and/or equipment that increments work productivity and accuracy
- Assure that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree in Mineral Processing, Metallurgical Engineering or related discipline. A post graduate degree will be considered an asset.
- 7-10 years' recent experience in gold mineral processing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills. Russian and/or Spanish language will be an asset.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- A high level of customer service to clients and internal stakeholders is critical at all times by way of achieving high levels of client satisfaction by building relationships and performing quality service.
- Reasonable contribution to enhancement of value-adding outputs and positive teamwork within the Process Group is essential.
- Working knowledge and understanding of how the process engineering activities integrate into a complete project
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with customers and vendors
- Ability to work with administrative supervision and effectively manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Ability to travel internationally as required to meet with clients.
- Experience in processing mining effluent treatment plants or base metals would be an asset
- Experienced user of Metsim will be considered an asset
- Experienced user of JKSimMet comminution module software would be an asset
- Experienced user of Bruno comminution software would be an asset
- Ability to register as a Professional Engineer in Ontario
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.