Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our Architectural Engineering Group.
Are you interested in joining a multi-disciplinary team who provide technical solutions for challenging projects and complex design problems? We focus on sustainable, resilient, and energy efficient solutions for our community & clients. Our projects include studies, upgrades, renovations, and new construction for federal, state, and private-sector clients.
Location: This opportunity is based out of our Portland, Maine office with the flexibility to work remotely and occasional requirement to visit the office for team meetings.
- Lead design engineering for electrical power supply and distribution, communications, security, fire alarm, and lighting systems for a wide variety of facilities.
- Coach and mentor Junior and Intermediate Electrical Engineers and Designers
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Science in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Electrical Engineer license
- 7 + years' experience in performing construction designs of the following types of systems:
- Electrical distribution
- Interior electrical
- Industrial controls and security control
- Instrumentation and energy conservation
- Experience developing construction plans, specifications, cost estimates, schedules, and construction planning documents
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Open minded and fast learner
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Join our Portland Wood Team, we are a team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; nestled in a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you are an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.