Skills: Geologist, Geoscience Technician, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting Intermediate Geotechnical Tailings Engineers to join our Tailings/Mine Waste team in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Wood is a leader in modern tailings disposal system development, design and construction, offering innovative tailings management technologies and customised solutions to meet project-specific requirements. Through our team of multi-discipline professionals, we design elegant tailings solutions that are seamlessly integrated with mining and processing facilities, affording clients safe, reliable and cost-effective operations.
As part of its strategic growth plan, Wood's highly regarded global Tailings group is looking to expand capability within the Western Canada region to further complement our Mining & Minerals business. With the ongoing expansion of this team, backed by global leadership this is a genuine opportunity for accelerated career progression.
You will be exposed to a diverse range of mining and civil geotechnical engineering projects for both internal and external clients with a focus on:
- Managing, investigating and designing all aspects of the tailings life cycle
- Design and implementation of geotechnical solutions
- Reporting to internal & external stakeholders as part of a diverse team of experienced industry professionals
Skills / Qualifications
You will have a degree from an accredited university in one / more of the following disciplines:
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Option)
- Engineering Geology
You will have a minimum of 5 years of proven experience in:
- Design and management of tailings projects
- Test pit and bore hole logging
- Construction supervision of earth structures
- Seep and Slope (or similar) design software
- Travelling, as needed to a variety of project sites
You will also have knowledge of water balance, surface water design and earth structures, design or modelling.
What may set you apart will be:
- Relevant Canadian based, tailings design experience; however, as a global leader in engineering, project and technical services, Wood welcomes applications from all suitably qualified professionals.
- Registration or eligibility for registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Excellent workplace safety practices
- Excellent oral and written communication (English) skills and experience in the support of proposal and presentation preparation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.