Skills: Construction Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: La Porte, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior I&E Construction Manager (Bayport, TX) with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry. As the construction manager you will be responsible for interfacing between the project engineering group and the construction group on facility-based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Meet or exceed the company and customer safety standards
- Work directly with Project Manager and others to develop early Front-End Engineering models (FEL-I). Including such tasks as:
- Equipment layout, conduit and cable tray routing
- Assessing infrastructure for spare capacity
- Develop sketches and red lines to support concepts
- Develop high level written scopes of work to support early FEL concepts
- Read and fully understand engineering construction packages and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done
- Develop construction execution plans for work packages
- Develop man-hour estimates for projects
- Represent construction in team and stake holder meetings
- Lead field walks, take measurements, photographs and perform constructability assessment on design throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Comply with and assure that construction work complies with all company and customer procedures, engineering and construction practices and other standards
- Provide field oversight of the construction aspects of capital projects in a fast-paced environment
- Work with plant engineers to understand the needs of the projects group and to inform them of the construction process for each of their projects
Skills / Qualifications
- 15+ years industrial experience working in the chemical manufacturing industry
- Experience in instrument and electrical construction methods as currently used in chemical manufacturing facilities
- Familiarity with medium and low voltage electrical systems and the application of installation standards
- Familiarity with fiber-optic systems, various types of electronic and pneumatic field instrumentation and heat tracing systems and the application of installation standards
- Familiarity with process control systems such as DCS, PLC, and SIS implementations and their installation
- Familiarity with engineering standards such as PIP, Equity or ChemGems for instrument, electrical and analyzer installations
- Experience with managing third party contractors in a pertro-chemical facility
- Understand basic concepts of scheduling and applying these strategies to execution
- Understand basic concepts of earned vs. burned man-hours
- Understand change management and how it is applied when managing third party contractors
- Experience with a formal QA/QC program and commissioning standards and practices.
- Outdoor work experience, able to wear required PPE and drive safely to job-site, and to walk and climb at the job-site as needed to oversee the construction site work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.