Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Electrical Designer to join our Architectural Engineering Group.
Are you interested in joining a multi-disciplinary team who provide technical solutions for challenging projects and complex design problems? We focus on sustainable, resilient, and energy efficient solutions for our community & clients. Our projects include studies, upgrades, renovations, and new construction for federal, state, and private-sector clients.
Location: This opportunity is based out of our Portland, Maine office with the flexibility to work remotely and occasional requirement to visit the office for team meetings.
- Develop complete Electrical drawing designs using AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks and Easypower or equivalent power analysis program
- Perform a variety of additional tasks which may include calculations and field work.
- Develop conduit and cable tray layouts and conduit and cable schedules
- Perform conduit and cable tray fill calculations and generate cable and wire interconnection reports
- Outline, set up, organize, and maintain project drawings according to applicable standards
- Plan, detail, and schedule work and final delivery of drawings
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates degree preferable
- Minimum 5 years of related electrical design experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks and Easypower or equivalent power analysis program
- Knowledge of building electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standard
- Understanding of all phases of engineering document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal supervision
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
Join our Portland Wood Team, we are a team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; nestled in a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you are an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.