Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting Scaffolding Foreman - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Ensure all activities are completed in a safe competent manner in line with AMEC FW Safe Working Procedures.
- Supervise the Offshore tradesmen to ensure all work is completed in a safe and timely manner.
- Coordinates with Discipline Engineers, Planners, Materials Controller to undertake efficient, safe completion of work scope.
- Ensure all applicable safety procedures are fully and properly implemented throughout the construction phase. Liaise with the HSE Advisors.
- Execute in a safe and timely manner all access scaffolds are erected / dismantled in line with company procedures.
- Ensure that Scaffold registers and Scaffold inspections are kept up to date in line with procedures
- In conjunction with the Discipline Engineer and Area Engineer ensure Construction Priorities are completed in - line project activities and thereafter access scaffolds dismantled.
- Ensure all applicable Project safety procedures are fully and properly implemented throughout the project phase. Liaise with the HSE Advisors.
- Carry out weekly safety audit during the project activities phase.
- Ensure Offshore construction activities comply with project environmental standards
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in line with Offshore procedures
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications and Training:
- ECITB or CISRS Qualified
- CISRS Qualification
- Must be at least a High School graduate
- 5 years' experience in a foreman's capacity
- Conversant with all relevant standards, specifications,
- Minimum 3 - years offshore experience
- A minimum of ten years' experience as a scaffolder in the construction industry of which 5 years should be in the oil and gas industry and minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity.
- Personal qualities, aptitudes and skill
- Highly motivated; eager to contribute to a safe and effective team operation
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Reliable and responsible, shows attention to detail.
- Act safely, while taking responsibility for own and team actions
- Competencies - generic
- Offshore Survival
- Competencies - technical
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Pipefitter as defined in associated job specification
- Can demonstrate the ability to read / understand and implement procedures / specifications / drawings / sketches / etc.
- Competencies - project / department specific
To be completed by project prior to requisitioning
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.