Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting Rigger - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Experienced in all types of Rigging and can work as an effective team member in large or small groups depending on the activity.
- Ability to work at height in an appropriate manner
- Familiar with various lifting techniques and the use of equipment such as chain hoist, shackles, slings tugger winch etc.
- Recognition and safe use of both manila and wire ropes wires and have the skill to make all required knots, bends and hitches.
- Knowledge to assemble all types of pipework, welded, screwed, or Flanged in an appropriate manner under the supervision of Leadsman or Supervisor
- Assist in hydrotesting operations
- Erection of all types of structural steel work.
- Attendance during loading and unloading of supply vessels.
- Work in hazardous areas under 'permit to work' regulations.
- An understanding of the statutory lifting regulations.
- Be aware of and practice fully the requirement for total safety attitude in all operations
- Be prepared to assist all other trades within his capability in the performance of operations being carried out
- Prepare site for rigging and lifting operations
- Conduct pre - use inspections and maintain equipment
- Understanding of development of basic lifting plans
- Willing to carry out additional duties like cleaning, handling of material and equipment as directed by Supervisor
Skills / Qualifications
Qualifications and Training:
- Appropriate documented evidence confirming the trade
- Verifiable evidence - CV
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical
- Rigging & Lifting
- W@H & Harness Training
- Rigger Level 2
- Loler Awareness
- Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
- Manual Handling
- He must have a minimum of 3 years rigging experience, at least one of which must have been spent offshore. He should be fit, able to work at heights.
- Demonstrable more than 2 years' experience offshore
- Preferably a Bruneian
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and provide direction to ensure subordinate staff comply with operating manual and relevant procedures
- Flexible - able to comply with company and client requirements
- Ability to work with other disciplines
- Confident - ability to work unsupervised in execution of task
- Ability to work in a multi - cultural environment
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role and develop others as part of nationalization program
Competencies - generic
- Possesses an understanding in spoken and written English
- Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices, policies and regulations and can always demonstrate commitment to safe working
- Comply with operational and safety manuals and procedures
Competencies - technical
- He must be familiar with the correct way to attach bulldog clips and other fittings to wire ropes.
- He should be familiar with mooring operations and the rigging requirement regarding handling anchors, pendant buoys, and wires.
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Rigger as defined in associated job specification.
- Ability to recognize change
Competencies - project / department specific
To be completed by project prior to requisitioning
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.