Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood is recruiting Electrician - Offshore, an exciting & challenging role on the BSP Offshore Rejuvenation project.
- Installation, isolation and reinstatement and associated construction testing of electrical equipment, including glanding and termination of cables in to non - 'Ex' rated equipment (see note 1).
- Installation of electrical items, cables, conduit, cable tray, junction boxes, panels etc. in HAZARDOUS areas BUT EXCLUDING any glanding and termination of cables within 'Ex' rated equipment.
- Read, understand, and implement all applicable company / project policies, working practices and procedures, ensuring always that the electrical work scope is completed safely and to a high standard.
- Complete all work scope in accordance with applicable work pack / job card instructions, associated procedures, and drawings / sketches
- Provide support to other trades / disciplines where required, or form part of an integrated multi - discipline team.
- Raising applicable Permit to Work (PTW) to complete work scope in a controlled and safe manner.
- Undertake appropriate Risk Assessments (RA) to complete work scope in a safe and controlled manner.
Skills / Qualifications
- Recognized Electrical Apprenticeship
- Technical qualifications with applicable electrical background
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical
- COMPEX or Certified Equipment for Hazardous Area
- IEE Current Edition (Currently 16th)
- Permit Vision
- Wood mandatory training, induction, risk awareness, etc.
- Demonstrable experience posts electrical apprenticeship / training, with current relevant experience in all aspects of electrical installation, isolation, reinstatement, and testing associated with non - 'Ex' rated electrical construction work scope.
- Demonstrable OFFSHORE experience in the role of Electrician
- Local Bruneian
Personal qualities, aptitudes, and skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members.
- Demonstrable commitment to working safely always.
- Flexible - able to comply with company and project requirements.
- Ability to work with other team members / disciplines and in a multi - cultural environment.
- Confident and with an ability to work unsupervised working on own initiative.
- Has a desire to learn and develop within the role.
Competencies - generic
- Possesses a good standard in spoken and written English
- Possesses a good understanding of safe working practices and can always demonstrate commitment to safe working.
Competencies - technical
- Can demonstrate a high standard in completion of tasks associated with the role of Plater as defined in associated job specification
- Can demonstrate the ability to read / understand and implement procedures / specifications / drawings / sketches / etc.
Competencies - project / department specific
To be completed by project prior to requisitioning
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.