Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East of America to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Transmission Line Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, South East Engineering Manager, if you have a successful track record, thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are looking for that next step in the growth of your career, this is the opportunity for you.
- Be to focal engineering lead on our Transmission projects in the South East USA
- Support the development of our transmission services to meet client's needs
- Delivering engineering projects by creating detailed scopes and estimates, performing engineering calculations, developing detailed plan and profile design drawings, modeling using the highly specialized, custom-purpose software: PLS-CADD
- Designing structures for high voltage transmission lines using PLS-POLE and PLS-TOWER
- Designing foundations for transmission structures using MFAD, HFAD or LPILE
- Engineering of transmission line projects from 'definition phase' through the 'implementation phase", to the 'in service phase' for up to 500 kV transmission lines and substation connections
- Providing construction support and overall project engineering coordination, including outages
- Preparing staged design reviews for clients in accordance with standards and maintaining detailed documentation of designs. Coordinating staged installation and commissioning with the utility and subcontractors
- Performing field reviews and responding to information requests from site during construction
- Ensuring completion of project documentation including as-builts, calculations and return of data to the client
- Maintaining and enhancing relationships with internal groups and external contractors and clients
- Traveling and visiting project sites during project definition and execution
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant Engineering Degree from a recognized university
- Professional Engineering Designation preferably in either FL, NC, SC, GA, AL, MS, TN
- 10+ years of transmission line and foundation engineering experience
- Proven experience within a Transmission & Distribution Utility or EPC/EPCM organization designing transmission lines and foundations is required
- Direct experience on the safety aspects of the design of high voltage transmission lines
- Familiar with transmission line design codes, standards and regulations in the United States
- Construction support experience for Transmission projects
- Proficiency in PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-TOWER and MFAD/ HFAD/ and or LPILE
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and MicroStation
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.