Skills: Geochemist, Geologist, Geoscientist
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Senior Hydrogeologist.
As part of the British Columbia Mining Geo-Environmental Engineering Group , the successful candidate will be working with a robust team of professionals from our Burnaby and regional offices with various technical specialties. You will be joining a growing international company, helping to shape our services in local markets, and executing challenging projects for our diverse clientele. A regional team with global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world's best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions, developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. We're seeking a Senior Associate Hydrogeologist who wants to join a team committed to be a trusted partner for our customers by consistently delivering excellence.
Your Duties :
Reporting to the Mining Geo-Environmental Engineering Manager (British Columbia/Yukon) and working collaboratively within the British Columbia/Yukon practice, your responsibilities may include but won't necessarily be limited to:
- Leading, mentoring and w orking with a team of dynamic Hydrogeologists and other professionals, including junior, intermediate and senior scientists/engineers to grow Wood's hydrogeology, mining environmental engineering/reclamation, landfill engineering, infrastructure and contaminated sites practices
- Managing and undertaking projects and technical studies in the field of contaminant hydrogeology/hydrogeochemistry in support of mining, contaminated site assessments, site remediation, water resources and others as appropriate
- Collaborating with other Wood offices/environmental staff on projects in Western Canada or international locations.
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and agencies as required by each assignment.
- Participating in global corporate technical practice groups with the goal of elevating our technical excellence and visibility in the eyes of our clients.
- Liaising with universities, research groups and corporate technical experts in the application of innovative approaches to solving our client's problems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients.
- Providing technical leadership to a diverse team ranging from junior to senior level staff including monitoring, mentoring and leading the growth of team members.
- Assisting in the identification and recruitment of high-quality staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group.
- Providing direction under applicable Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Overseeing quality control including review and approval of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Geological or Civil Engineering or Geological Science degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in engineering or geological sciences. A graduate degree would be considered an asset.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Professional Geologist (P.Geo) in BC
- 10 years + consulting experience conducting contaminant hydrogeological investigations of mine sites, well fields and/or contaminated sites.
- Groundwater flow and transport modelling and/or Water Quality Predictive modelling (GoldSim or equivalent) experience would be considered an asset.
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and hands-on training of intermediate and junior personnel, experience and formal training in environmental due diligence, contaminated site investigation, remediation, waste management, risk assessment or related technical areas.
- An effective communicator that thrives within a team environment.
- Strong writing skills are a must to prepare reports, proposal and other project deliverables.
- A strong desire to grow in your career with Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.