Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Junior Structural Engineers to join our Architectural Engineering Group.
Are you interested in joining a multi-disciplinary team who provide technical solutions for challenging projects and complex design problems? We focus on sustainable, resilient, and energy efficient solutions for our community & clients. Our projects include studies, upgrades, renovations, and new construction for federal, state, and private-sector clients.
Location: This opportunity is based out of our Portland, Maine office with the flexibility to work remotely and occasional requirement to visit the office for team meetings.
- Engineering design and analysis tasks under the supervision of a senior structural engineer.
- Support various pr oject types; including studies, upgrades, renovations, and new construction for federal, state, and private-sector clients.
- Analyze new and existing structures per required code.
- Develop calculation packages as required, under the guidance of senior engineers.
- Perform site visits of existing structures to evaluate their capacity and ability to resist new loading requirements; produce technical reports with technically sound recommendations.
- Be able to use engineering fundamentals to solve seemingly complex problems.
- Be able to present and describe engineering solutions and concept competently to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Develop structural models to solve engineering problems based on sound engineering principles.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor or Master in Civil/Structural Engineering or related field; Master preferred.
- Four (04) years of experience;
- EIT or Eligible to sit for the Fundamental of Engineering (FE) exam is required.
- Solid understanding of structural fundamentals required.
- Knowledge of building codes including seismic and wind requirements.
- Knowledge with wood, concrete, steel and masonry.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong knowledge of a structural analysis software such as STAAD or RISA and willingness and ability to learn new analysis softwares.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to create and interpret sketches, drawings, and various structures
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be comfortable with the job responsibilities on a construction site.
Join our Portland Wood Team, we are a team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small environment, while also having the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; nestled in a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you are an outdoor enthusiast or love the Arts - something for everyone! Considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team to support our current workload as well as advance our strategic planning towards our future vision - Join us!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.