Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Controls Engineer at our Warren Michigan location. The daily work site is Dearborn Michigan. The ideal candidate must be fluent with Control Logix processors, have the ability to diagnose problems and make PLC program changes as needed . Demonstrated troubleshooting skills are absolutely necessary. Shift work required for this plant support position.
This is a great opportunity for an individual with solid experience as an automation engineer or systems integrator, who is looking for career growth with a major organization. Excellent benefits, limited travel, and a long term position.
- Able to quickly diagnose the root cause of problem(s) and make PLC program changes to maintain production.
- Must be fluent with Rockwell Control Logix processors, RS Logix 5000 Studio. AB VFD & PLC5 experience a plus
- Experience with debug of automotive conveyors
Skills / Qualifications
Education and Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor Science Electrical Engineering, or Bachelor Science Mechatronics or equivalent relevant work experience
- Able to quickly learn [self-teach] to fill in skill gaps
- Capable of working 10 hours standing and fast walking 5 to 10 miles daily
- Track record working with skilled trades and engineers
- Regular attendance required, all weather on time
- Able to communicate verbally over plant radio, be clear and succinct
- Able to deal with pressure to restore production during breakdowns
- Able to constructively react to criticism
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Able to climb a 2 story ladder
- Can walk a mile in 20 minutes
- Be able to cover, on foot, a reasonable distance on a job site
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs without difficulty
- All of the above items to be accomplished while carrying a laptop computer
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.