Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Wood is currently searching for a Business Development Manager for our Process Automation group to be seated in any of our US offices. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving and developing new business in the North American market. The successful candidate will have a strong automation sales background in the hydrocarbon, chemicals, and manufacturing industries.
This is an opportunity to make an impression in one of the largest integrators in the world. Wood is a thriving, global organization, with a solid reputation for providing innovative solutions with high quality delivery. A self-motivated individual, with solid connections in the hydrocarbon, chemical or manufacturing industries, will thrive in this environment.
- Development of a regional sales plan for North America, engaging with key stakeholders in the business
- Administers, develops and grows company's business activities and revenue from new and existing clients, segments and channels
- Identification and development of new sales orders to support the Automation group in the targeted vertical markets
- Works closely with Process Automation service lines to understand business requirements and market needs
- Plans and implements sales to specific key accounts where cultivating relationships, identifying opportunities and account management skills are critical
- Identifies, targets, and initiates face to face contact with appropriate client representatives
- Accountable for Client Interaction - maintains contact with decision makers and key business interests in client organizations
- Recognizes new market segments and opportunities for new business generation
- Assists the Bid/ Proposal Manager on Strategic Sales Objectives ensuring approved processes are followed
- Presents proposal in discussion format, learning any client concerns, and establishing resolution
- Lead and/or assist in closing sale/executing contract and handover to Operations
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Chemical. Electrical, or Computer Science preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience working in the hydrocarbon, chemicals, and manufacturing industries
- Minimum of 5 years of experience selling automation solutions in the hydrocarbon, chemicals, and manufacturing industries
- Demonstrated success in selling to the target industry in North America at the mid to senior management level.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships, identify opportunities and account management skills are critical
- Strong understanding of the energy industry, the supply chain, and the overall value chain
- Strong relationships in the energy industry as well as the overall business community
- Excellent communication skills and oral delivery in group meetings is essential
- Must be organized and able to establish priorities, produce strategic planning documents, reports, and correspondence
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.