Skills: CAD / CAM, Drafting
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Wood is an international energy services company that operates in more than 60 countries worldwide, working with clients to design, build, operate and improve facilities across the oil and gas, industrial, clean energy and power generation industries.
Our dedicated engineering teams in our Galway Office offer a wide range of engineering consultancy services to an international client base. We support clients across various sectors including subsea engineering and analysis services. Our capabilities include design and operational support, engineering and design analysis and technical advisory services.
We require a part-time Drafter with Autocad and/or Autocad Inventor experience and capability to work with our Engineering teams in the Galway office. This is a part-time role and may involve some home based work. The role requires the design drafting of mechanical structures and equipment as well as supporting any other drafting activities required within our Galway office.
- Provide CAD support to engineering design of structures and components.
- Create 3-D models of structures and components using Inventor.
- Create 2D drawings for projects to include approval drawings for issue to Clients and Fabricators.
- Production of sketches to support the Engineering team.
- Manipulate the design systems to produce basic and custom drawings.
- Interpret job files and informational format and review them for accuracy and completeness.
- Create drawings for steel components, configurations, accessory lists, and bills of materials.
- Perform detailed drawing checks for all projects assigned.
- Proof and make corrections to redline drawings.
- Work with other engineers and designers on varied projects for multiple project teams.
- Maintain a high level of QA and Document Control in accordance with the company procedures.
- Maintain document control, issuing and archiving systems as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Training and relevant engineering experience with 2D and 3D Autocad and/or Autocad Inventor.
- Strong teamwork skills, initiative, and communication skills.
- Structural, Tooling or Fabrication experience would be an advantage.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.