Skills: Civil Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineering Technologist / Technician. This position is in our St John's, Newfoundland office.
The successful candidate will have experience in a variety of municipal infrastructure projects including municipal utilities (storm and sanitary sewers, water distribution), roadway upgrades, and site development.
• Prepare conceptual and detailed design layouts, sketches, and drawings;
• Production of civil/municipal engineering drawings and 3D modelling;
• Coordinate and checking of drawings with other engineering disciplines;
• Prepare quantity estimates;
• Monitor and inspect construction operations to ensure compliance to engineering design, site standards, and specifications;
• Investigate field and design problems and prepare reports;
• Liaison with client, authorities, and contractors;
• Site visits and inspections.
Skills / Qualifications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Civil Engineering Technology/Technician diploma from an accredited college
• Proficient with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• Experience with MicroStation would be considered an asset
• Work as part of a multi-discipline design team
• Must be able to demonstrate effective organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients and staff in a team environment
• Experience with design of municipal infrastructure projects including water, sanitary and stormwater projects would be considered an asset
• Experience with Department of Municipal Affairs and Environment standards would be considered an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.