Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Principal Piping Leader to be assigned to its Life Sciences group with specific experience in piping design for sanitary fluids (e.g WFI, HPW, CS). Extensive knowledge of 3D modelling activities is required.
The Principal Piping Leader is responsible for:
- The overall operation of the piping team and the quality and timely completion of their work within the established project targets
- Sharing the activities among the assigned team and ensuring that proper information are available at any stage of the work
- Keeping assigned team fully informed of applicable codes, standards
- Coordinating with all the assigned different disciplines drafting teams
- Checking Client's standards and practices at the beginning of the Job
- Issue comments to master project schedule
- Ensuring that the Contract requirements, are implemented through the established job specification, STD and work instruction.
- Reviewing with the others Discipline team leaders for all the needs and technical aspect which can affect the schedule of the job.
- Reviewing all the needs and technical aspects which can affect the schedule of the job.
- Coordinating all activities performed by the piping discipline related to a specific project.
- Reminding to all members of the job team to observe the ethics of the confidentiality on technologies licensed by clients or third parties
- Assisting the assigned personnel on developing their activities
- Ensuring that all comments are consistent and are included in the drawings according to the applicable procedure
- Preparing, issuing and follow up the comments, within his term of reference, on all drawing and specification related to other discipline which may be affected by piping activities
- Preparing and updating the progress report related to piping discipline activities
- Approving all piping documentation produced by the team
- Attending coordination meetings as well as meetings with vendors, construction subcontractors and Clients as requested
Skills / Qualifications
- 5 / 8 years of experience in the role
- Availability to assignement abroad
- Self-motivation, a proactive outlook and good communication skills
- Fluent in English and in Italian
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.