Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Application Developer with knowledge of different computer languages and operating systems for application development to meet client requirements.
Efficiently managing data to produce reports and to meet client schedules. You will apply academic knowledge to develop code and provide support on specific portions of larger assignments. You will also solve problems using standard methods; determine methods to apply to assigned tasks. Your actions typically will have moderate influence on results and you will work under general supervision and begin to forward ideas on assignment execution. Daily contact with team members is expected and as you begin to interact with senior management on your own. Your degree will be in relevant discipline with 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Under supervision, performs work that is varied and that may be somewhat difficult in character, but usually involves limited responsibility. Perform tasks within the Functioning Areas of Finance, HR, IT, Operations, and/or Engineering Sectors.
- Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity is required.
- Mainly office environment, may require visiting other Wood offices if the position requires.
- Overtime and overnight stays on as needed basis.
Travel (travel required, i.e., frequency, duration, hours, etc.)
- On as needed basis.
Skills / Qualifications
Education, Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant computer science major, 3-5 years professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Responsibilities will vary between assigned projects based on the needs of the project, requiring the production of web and mobile applications
- May create, maintain and implement source code that comprises applications or programs
- Will test, debug, and improve established applications already in use.
License / Certification Requirements
- Valid driver's license and insurable driving record.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.