Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Wood is currently seeking to recruit Lead HSE Engineer to:
- Assigned permanently to the project as a key member of Wood Al-Zour LNG Import Project PMC team.
- Provide positive leadership on HSE issues and promote the adoption of HSSE best practice.
- Promote an enthusiastic HSSE culture that delivers positive commitment to, and engages all project personnel in not only HSSE compliance but also continous performance improvement.
- Lead and provide functional management of HSSE personnel under supervision.
- Liaise with the EPC Contractor as required, on behalf of KNPC
- Ensure that key KNPC relationships are maintained at all levels within the project.
- Create and sustain a good team spirit within the Wood project team and KNPC.
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction concerning all facets of HSSE and delivery.
- Monitor and report through audits and inspections on the compliance of the EPC Contractor's HSSE management system implemntation and effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Be fully conversant with all goverement and KNPC health and safety legislation, regulations and guidelines.
- Provide assistance and advice to the Project Manager (Engineering)/(Construction) with responsibility for HSSE.
- Produce and implement safety plans for Wood activities and review and approve the EPC Contractor plans.
- Contribute towards developing HSSE objectives for the project. Monitor and report on the implementation and effectiveness.
- Assist with the identification of HSSE training needs, deliver training, monitor delivery and record.
- Monitor and report on the implementation of the approved HSE objectives.
- Produce HSSE performance reports as required.
- Promptly alert KNPC, line and functional management to accidents and incidents. Where appropriate be innvolved in investigation and ensure that the findings are reported, appropriately shared and closedout.
- Review accident and incident reports. Identify any trends and ensure that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence.
- Attend and if required chair HSSE meetings and take minutes for any corrective action.
- Conduct and or assist in HSE inductions.
- Review the EPC Contractors method statements and be involved in Job Safety Assessments and monitor implementation.
- Ensure HSSE system compliance and conduct periodic reviews.
- Conduct and assist in periodic site HSSE visits, reviews and audits.
- Recruit supporting and lead personnel as required for the PMC positions.
- Participate in key KNPC and EPC Contractor reviews and meetings as required.
- Participate in monthly progress reviews with KNPC and the EPC Contractor.
- Participate in monthly KNPC and Wood project progress reports and presentations.
Skills / Qualifications
B.Sc. (Engineering Degree)
Minimum twelve years post graduate industrial experience.
Minimum eight years' experience in refinery and/or petrochemical industries.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Functional management, leadership and teambuilding skills.
Strong HSE awareness and commitment.
Prior PMC experience an asset.
Prior Middle East experience an asset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.