Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Topeka, Kansas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's Topeka/Wichita, KS offices are seeking a Mid Level Transportation/Roadway Engineer with 5 years + of experience with highway/roadway design. This position requires a candidate with effective time-management, written communication, planning, organization and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate has the ability to take initiative, work independently and coordinate efforts with multi-discipline teams. The candidate must possess excellent attention to detail and have the ability to produce high quality work under short time constraints.
As a Mid Level Transportation/Roadway Engineer, you will play a key role in the growing transportation group in Topeka/Wichita. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product, and previous experience with KDOT roadway design.
This individual can work out of either our Topeka or Wichita office depending on candidate preference. Will travel between offices occasionally.
- Will serve in a technical role working under the direction of a Project Manager in development of roadway construction plans for a wide range of highway design projects
- Will prepare detailed roadway designs for highway projects in compliance with DOT standards and expectations
- May assist in roundabout and intersection design
- Develop and write reports
- Will utilize MicroStation and InRoads for roadway projects
- Will work with other team members on large, multi-discipline projects
- May occasionally travel to project sites and other Wood offices
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Civil Engineering
- PE in Kansas or the ability to obtain the PE within 18 months of hire.
- 5+ years as a Transportation/Roadway Engineer
- Self starter with strong oral and written communications skills.
- Experience in developing DOT roadway plans and a thorough knowledge of applicable design, plan preparation and CADD standards a plus
- Demonstrated working knowledge in MicroStation and InRoads
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Experience with MS Project is a plus
- Availability to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% overnight.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.