Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Reading, United Kingdom
Wood Capital Projects Reading office is currently recruiting an experienced Construction Engineering Manager to be based in their Reading office.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical industry and be a proven construction leader at a senior level. The Construction Engineering Manager will represent Wood in a corporate and project level and be responsible for promoting and developing construction capability as well as organising, managing, and administering construction related activities in accordance with Company Standards, relevant legislation and client requirements. In particular, delivering on HSSE, Quality, schedule and cost performance. This role will suit an existing Construction Engineering Manager, an experienced Construction Manager with proven ability or possibly an experienced senior construction lead who is looking to develop their career in construction management.
- Manage, co-ordinate and oversee the execution of Construction Home Office and field engineering activities for projects, as allocated by the Head of Construction
- Actively participate in the development of Home Office proposals, FEED, and other activities, including setting construction strategy, and executing a seamless hand over to the Site Team when work is transferred to the field
- Promote all aspects of HSSE ensuring compliance with the objectives of the Wood Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality policies, Standards and manuals
- Provide construction expertise, and communicate with all other areas of company operations
- Lead development of construction engineering and completion systems and associated data management, liaising with other disciplines, third parties and execution centres as necessary
- Identify resource requirements for projects and identify development needs
- Enhance and regularly test client relationships, and ensure risks are communicated to senior management
- Participate in the development of intelligence on contractor and competitor capability in support of proposals and project activities
- Attend periodic contract reviews
- Visit project sites as necessary to provide support, meet clients, enhance network, and recognise / encourage safe working practices
- Regularly review the construction group manpower projection plan, review man-hour liquidation, and participate in making best use of field resources
- Lead the continued development and oversight of our modularisation and heavy lift and transport logistics best practice
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering degree
- Qualification in HSE preferred
- Experienced in Oil and Gas EPC, FEED and Pre-FEED
- Major Client experience e.g. Shell, Exxon Mobil, Aramco / AOC, SABIC, KNPC, ADNOC, INEOS, PREEM
- Hands on experience of Advanced Work Packaging and 4D Visualisation
- Hands on experience of Completion Management Systems e.g. GoCompletions / GoTechnology
- Hands on experience of modularisation screening, selection, definition and execution
- Hands on experience of planning construction logistics and execution including heavy lift, plot layout and access, temporary facilities and site workforce and plant logistics
- Hands on experience of constructability and Hazard Identification reviews
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.