Skills: Project Management, Chemist
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
- P & L responsibility with associated commercial and financial accountability including revenue delivery, margin and overhead management, budget and forecast determination and attainment, risk and opportunity reviews, cost controls, accounts payable/billing and cash collection
- Contributes to and reviews the project proposal and plan to determine timeframe, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of the project. Contributes to setting project evaluation
- Negotiates changes to project scope or specification with the customer. Follows Change Management process to identify and approve modifications to scope, cost, schedule and
- Pursue and develop opportunities for innovation, such as digitalisation and technology use, work share and high value engineering centres, to bring value to Wood and customer
- Establishes project procedures and leads production of project execution plan including the scope of work, deliverables list, master schedule, budget, org charts, risk register etc
- Regularly reports project progress to senior management and/or the
- Reponsible for delivery of agreed schedule and financial performance, proactively intervening to avoid slippage
- Ensures competence of project team members to carry out assigned work
- Leads ongoing focus on risk identification and mitigation during project execution
- Responsible for the project HSSE leadership, ensures a program of initiatives and auditing schedule are established and that HSSE and quality management issues are proactively addressed
- Guides and directs a multidiscipline project team, which may include external specialists and involve staff from multiple offices and sites
- Responsible for ensuring project team members are competent to carry out assigned duties
- Promotes and sets up performance improvement culture and actions on complex projects and into their supply chains.
- Facilitates the set up of information management systems / applications as applicable to suit various life phases of projects and manage information management project team
- Participate in assurance activities and peer reviews
- Is a champion and role model for ethical behaviour and compliance with applicable laws and policies.
- Oversees proposals and call-offs (may be individual projects) within delegation of authority, ensuring compliance with contracting policy and standards of ethical
- Coaches, mentors and empowers others to make decisions within established parameters
Skills / Qualifications
University degree in relevant discipline
Project Management Professional (PMP), Associate in Project Management (APM) or equivalent certification is preferred
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Typically requires more than 7 years of pertinent Project Management experience in Pharmaceutical, Bio Pharma, Life Sciences projects.
- Passion for HSSE and leadership to drive and implement HSSE on projects.
- Local Singapore permitting knowledge
- Work experience with international or local Pharma, BioPharma, Life sciences companies either on owner side or as EPCM contractor side is required.
- Managing key projects, client stakeholders and personnel, such as biochemical engineers, researchers, scientists, healthcare consultants.
- Some handson knowledge and experience with GMP, GDP, Validation, Installation qualification and Operational qualification.
- Staying up to date on all applicable regulatory guidelines, like rules from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Knowledge about Singapore PIPS is preferred.
- Good level of experience in the related field, industry, and locations of the APAC experience
- will be an advantage
- Proven project management experience as well as a good understanding of business
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and practices
- Thorough understanding of project goals, drivers and strategies
- Experience of developing and implementing measures of success and benefits on several projects.
- Knowledge of prioritising stakeholders and the development of stakeholder management plans
- Has interfaced with key stakeholders on projects to obtain, create and maintain requirements and acceptance criteria on several
- Good knowledge of industry and company risk management processes. Well versed in qualitative assessment methods and some knowledge of quantitative assessment
- Able to use common estimating techniques to derive estimates and costs on standard projects
- Good knowledge of contract models, conditions, types and their suitability in different situations
- Able to deliver effective project initiation on multi-phase projects and produce project execution plans
- Well versed in international and company quality assurance standards
- Knowledge of commercial and contract conditions applicable to the procurement of various types of goods and
- In-depth knowledge of scheduling techniques, their properties and
- Good knowledge and experience in project monitoring and
- Ability to manage change control process on project with several sub-contractors and interfaces.
- In-depth knowledge of all types of project information (deliverables) and its uses and capable of managing information management project
- Good knowledge of all handover and close-out activities required for customer, company and suppliers.
- Understanding of Cash Flow management as well as projection/forecast of cost at completion
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.