Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a Water Resources EIT career opportunity with our Phoenix, AZ team. Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established and progressive engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? If so, Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is looking for somebody like you to join our operation in Phoenix, Arizona. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work on simultaneous projects involving multi-disciplinary teams. While this role is to primarily support the Surface Water Practice, the position will also have the opportunity to support project efforts related to other disciplines, such as transportation, site development, and geotechnical/mining.
We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Under the guidance of mid and senior level engineers, you will:
- Perform detailed drainage design for; highways, roadway, culverts, storm drain systems, retention/detention basins, erosion control measures, hydraulic structures including weirs, drop structures, and energy dissipaters.
- Conduct drainage modeling: hydrologic modeling, hydraulic modeling of channels and/or washes, scour analysis, sediment yield and transport analysis.
- Assist in developing design and construction plans, including typical cross sections, construction details, plan and profile.
- Support the development and analysis of drainage mitigation alternatives including comparative analyses as part of planning level studies and prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare technical documents and reports in support of drainage work.
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or other engineering field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- EIT required.
- Prior experience with Civil 3D or Microstation InRoads.
- Expertise in the use of GIS for data import, manipulation, review, querying, filtering/screening of results.
- Past work experience using: DDMSW, FLO-2D, SWMM, HEC-1/HEC-HMS, HEC-2/HEC-RAS/HEC-RAS 2D, and/or HEC-6 is desired but not required.
- Familiarity with Arizona and Local Government (particularly Maricopa County and ADOT)design manuals and standards as well as policies related to utilities, grading, drainage, landuse, zoning, and subdivisions is a plus.
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.