Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Due to continuing success in the marine sector we are seeking a talented and motivated EIA professional to join our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions team as part of our enthusiastic and supportive marine team. This position can be based in either London, Reading or Glasgow.
Wood is a 60,000- strong global leader in the delivery of end to end project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets including 490 technical environmental staff located in 12 UK offices. We have an extensive track record in delivering consents for large, complex, multidisciplinary projects in the UK and globally across multiple sectors.
We pride ourselves in combining our industry-wide DCO experience, digital EIA approach and in-depth knowledge of the marine sector to deliver cost effective solutions for our clients in oil and gas, nuclear, ports, interconnector and offshore wind sectors.
What is in it for you?
This is an exciting time to join a fast pace and growing team where you will have the opportunity to develop your EIA and DCO project management experience across a range of marine sectors. Our team has a proven track record of delivering consents for high profile marine projects and we are now in a position to expand the team to enable continued success in these markets.
You will be joining a company with:
- Multi-sector consents and licensing experience and a passion to drive innovative approaches to environmental assessment.
- An unrivalled market position built on our ability to deliver end to end solutions from site selection and consenting, through to design and delivery.
- An extensive portfolio of projects worldwide offering exciting and varied career opportunities in the marine space.
The pace will be challenging but it will be rewarding and there are significant opportunities for career development across Wood's wider Environment and Infrastructure consultancy business. We have an extensive portfolio of projects and opportunities worldwide. This in turn means that we can offer exciting and varied career opportunities in the marine space.
What you will be working on
The main responsibilities are to:
- Support project teams to deliver EIA and provide consenting advice for a variety of marine projects at various stages of the project lifecycle with a particular focus on the development phase
- Continue to grow our offshore project portfolio by supporting business development and bidding activities to win new work
- Develop, motivate and mentor junior staff to reach their potential
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Varied offshore consents and licencing experience ideally across multiple sectors through different phases of development particularly development phase and decommissioning
- Experience in coordinating specialist technical input to deliver carefully considered, high quality EIA's for projects including Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects in the marine sector
- A technical specialism would be useful
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders, clients, suppliers and industry
- An established network in the offshore industry
- Experience of coordinating multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in budget management and reporting
- Willingness to travel, including possible international travel
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree (or equivalent), in a relevant environmental discipline, with a strong emphasis on EIA and/or SEA
- Postgraduate qualification in environmental science/planning (or related field of study) (Desirable)
- Membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or other professional accreditation/ registration with a recognised body.(Desirable)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.