Skills: Pipe Inspection / NDT, Welding
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Convent, Louisiana, United States
Wood is currently sourcing combination welders for our YCI project in St. James Louisiana. Must be capable of certifying on multi-process piping proficient in SMAW, GTAW and GMAW welding processes. Must be capable of producing welds that meet NDE (non destructive examination) requirements.
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without Wood sponsorship required
- Selects type and size of pipe or other related materials and equipment according to specifications
- Selects equipment and plans layouts, assembly, and welding, applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining, weld shrinkage and welding techniques
- Lays out, positions, aligns and fits components together in various body positions
- Bolts, clamps and welds together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, using arc and arc gas welding equipment. May weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position. May tack weld assemblies together
- Connects cable from welding unit to obtain amperage, voltage, slope and pulse as specified by procedure or supervisor
- May repair broken or cracked parts and fill holes
- May remove excess weld, defective weld material, slag and spatter, using carbon arc gouge, hand scrapper, grinder or power chipper
- May preheat work piece, using hand torch or heating furnace. May cut metal plates or structural shapes
- Examines weld for bead size and other specifications
- Capable of setting weld machine parameters and maintain weld machine in working condition
- Required to pass employer performance tests or standard tests to meet certification standards. Performs only procedures certified in.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Use effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees.
- Be motivated and work safely and productively.
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards, etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with 4 previous years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a field
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria
- Apply basic mathematics to solve problems
- Plan work and select proper tools
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from plans and drawings
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.