Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Project Services, reporting to the Vice President Mining, in our Vancouver, BC office. This role provides overall leadership, strategy and management of the department's functions in support of the Mining & Minerals Vancouver office. If you have a successful track in leadership of teams working on multiple projects or diverse sizes record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing direction and leadership across Supply Chain, Planning/Scheduling, Estimating, Cost Control, Document Control, Convero and Project Administration functions on a day-to-day basis.
- Developing, directing and implementing project plans, programs, and directives for the mining & minerals project services group.
- Supports Mining BU in monthly internal project reviews
- Supports project teams in timely preparation and review of monthly progress reports
- Ensuring the various department functions work together closely with each other and with other departments to improve project performance and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring balance and consistency of management initiatives in the department, with respect to objectives, training & development, capabilities, activities, salaries, succession plans, policies, procedures, forms, and tools (software and systems).
- Planning and monitoring project work as well as staffing levels to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of deliverables to the business units and clients in a professional and technically superior and timely manner.
- Participating in the development of proposals, presentations, and meetings with clients, as required.
- Implementing policies and procedures to meet professional, legislative and Company standards.
- Providing staff with coaching, mentoring and development as required and appropriate.
- Participating in various human resources activities such as resourcing, performance management, training and development, salary reviews and employee program initiatives.
- Maintaining an understanding of the Company business climate internally and externally as well as across the various business units and offices across the Company.
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant technical diploma or university degree from a recognized school, preferably in Engineering or a related discipline.
- 12-15 years of related multi-discipline experience, preferably in an engineering consulting environment.
- Minimum of 5 years in Project Services or in a Project Management Construction (execution) role
- Experience in a construction environment - preferably in mining, energy and metallurgical process.
- Experience in all phases of project execution, from scoping studies through engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning.
- Knowledge of project management, quality management, human resources practices, financial and other administrative principles and practices.
- Including: Scheduling, Planning, Estimating, Cost Controls
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to be open-minded and innovative with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership capabilities and build relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative in working with business unit and project teams in a proactive manner in order to meet and/or exceed targets.
- Ability to utilize, improve and develop feedback and measurement systems in order to build strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.