Skills: Secretarial or Administrative, Logistics Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity available for a Site Travel Coordinator to support our construction team on our Project site near Gogama, ON. The travel coordinator will be performing duties such as coordinating personnel travel, room booking at construction camps, busing schedules, flight schedules or other duties as assigned. Required to handle confidential and non-routine information on a daily basis. This position is not eligible for any living allowances and will be starting in November 2020.
- Implement public flight schedules, private charters, highway busing and site busing into an effective transportation link
- Maintain a record and schedule of all available transportation movements
- Coordinate passenger screening at Timmins and Sudbury terminals with HSSEA ensuring passengers are cleared and approved prior to boarding for travel to site
- Implement and manage a software-based room request and travel program in conjunction with the Camp Manager to accommodate and move personnel to and from site
- Coordinate with Site Management to match accommodation and transport capacities with Côté Gold Project forecasts.
- Develop and maintain backup transportation and accommodation contingencies capable of responding to weather and site emergency events including alternate modes of transport, offsite accommodations, and contact details.
- Provide backup support for a team of Project Administrative Assistants.
- Organize and maintain file system and file correspondence and other records as needed
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries and compiles documents for travel-related meetings
- Manage the site elements, including liaising with HR Manager as necessary
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical expertise: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Ability to write clearly and informatively and proof read work for spelling and grammar errors
- Proven administrative ability to pro-actively plan personnel movements and develop travel and accommodation contingencies for a changing site workforce
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.