Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: La Porte, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument and Electrical Designer with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry. As the Instrument and Electrical Designer you will be responsible for design work supporting small facility based projects in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of that plant's capital project's group.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Meet or exceed the company and customer safety standards
- Comply with all company and customer procedures, engineering practices and other standards
- Read and fully understand P&ID's and other documents which describe the scope of work to be done
- Provide electrical and instrumentation design support to capital and service projects in a fast paced environment
- Design of MV and LV electrical systems, including both power, control and instrumentation wiring
- Application of company and industry standards to generate instrument and electrical construction packages
- Work with plant engineers to develop instrument data sheets
- Design of instrumentation and control systems along with associated wiring, panels, etc.
- Independently develop detailed instrument loop/wiring diagrams, electrical schematics, instrument/lighting/grounding/area classification plan drawings, cable tray/conduit/wire sizing, cable selection, PLC panel sizing
- Work closely with plant engineers, contractors, and team members to achieve project success
- Field as-built, measurement, and design as project requires
- Perform detailed material take-offs and construction estimating
- Request and obtain material quotes as well as ordering material for projects
- Follow up on ordered materials, field installation and redlines
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- 15+ years industrial experience working in the design field, preferably working directly in a chemical manufacturing facility
- Experience in design of instrumentation and electrical systems as currently used in chemical manufacturing facilities including electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, plan drawings, conduit and cable tray layouts, pressure, temperature, flow, density, and other instrumentation, instrument loops, PLC and DCS, etc.
- Experience with I/O detail wiring and termination
- Experience specifying instruments and creating instrument data sheets
- Knowledge of electrical equipment selection in industrial classified areas
- Outdoor design experience, able to wear required PPE and drive safely to job-site for field measurement, verification and as-built of drawings
- Proficiency in Bentley MicroStation a plus
- Experience utilizing Bentley Descartes and ProjectWise also desired
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficiency in SAP a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.