Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Join Wood, a wold leading engineering and consultancy company across energy & the built environment. Wood We are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer, Transportation, Rail & Transit to join our Infrastructure Group. This position will be based in any of our Ontario E&I offices in Canada, with the opportunity to balance a flexible remote work environment.
Wood offers a comprehensive suite of services, including proven success in leading multi-disciplinary teams, on projects of varying size, complexity and procurement models, from preliminary assessment and design through to detail design, contract preparation, tendering, construction administration, inspection, and post-construction monitoring.
- Define processes and design power distribution (medium and low voltage), lighting design and simulation, fire alarm and life safety systems, communications (PA, intercom, CCTV), industrial equipment installations.
- Technical calculations and software use for lighting analyses, load calculations, arc flash, fault & coordination studies, power system design.
- On site electrical research, construction audits, field reviews, Commissioning electrical systems.
- Perform Electrical Power System modeling and studies (i.e. load flow, short circuit, arc flash) Development and modification of specifications, single line diagrams, schematics and conduit and wire schedules.
- Perform required study for equipment, cables, and conduit sizing.
- Managing an electrical design team and enhancing client relationships.
- Review and Approve detailed calculations, drawings, technical specifications, procurement documents, design and installation packages, proposal evaluations, technical reports, cost estimates, detailed analyses, design justifications, and other materials. suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Provide leadership to junior staff and mentoring to develop their technical skills.
Skills / Qualifications
- Electrical Bachelor's degree or higher in a related engineering discipline from an accredited university that is recognized by the provincial governing body of professional engineer.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Ontario.
- Minimum of 10 years in related work experience in rail and/or transit projects.
- Experience in the design of transformer substations Medium to Low voltage, Low Voltage (480V or 600V) system and uninterruptible power supply systems.
- Experience in grounding and bonding design.
- Rail Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
- Excellent soft skills individual including communication, interpersonal, presentation, leadership and report writing proficiency with a strong desire and ability to collaborate in problem solving in an integrated team environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.