Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Overview / Responsibilities
We are seeking to recruit a Data Ops Engineer with a good working knowledge of Azure cloud computing services and DevOps practices to support our data science team in Galway, Ireland. This is a significant opportunity to develop your career and thrive in a problem solving, solutions-focused environment, building and deploying data driven models and helping our global customers realise significant efficiency and value improvements.
Our AI & data analytics team in the Galway Office builds and maintains cloud-based data analytics solutions to optimise the design, operation, inspection, and maintenance of energy infrastructure for global clients.
- Building and orchestrating data pipelines for ingesting, storing, and processing datasets of different volumes, type, resolution, and transfer/capture frequency.
- Configuring and maintaining Azure DevOps delivery infrastructure for a wide range of projects that span multiple business sectors (from energy to infrastructure) and vary in project size from small to large-scale.
- Enabling efficient deployment of agile data applications using high-level programming languages such as R and/or Python and supporting web frameworks.
- Supporting Data Scientists to work with data in sandbox environments.
- From time-to-time, assisting data science solution development using Python (and possibly R). An interest and aptitude for data analytics and modelling (AI/ML) methods are therefore important for this role.
- Participating in an Agile/Scrum methodology.
Skills / Qualifications
Skillset & Ability:
- Working knowledge of a wide range of Azure Services such as (but not limited to) Azure SQL Database, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Blob storage, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Data Catalogue, Azure Cosmos DB.
- Good working Python knowledge (essential) and R (desirable).
- Ability to effectively support the interpretation of high-level blueprints & reference architectures into the low-level design.
- Ability to design & build modern data pipelines, streams & batch-processing solutions.
- Ability to build, test and deploy optimized data solutions for analytics and reporting.
- Experience in the planning of data platform services including sizing, configuration, and performing/supporting assessment of needs.
- Solid skills in Azure DevOps to build pipelines & configuring with GIT for CI/CD.
- Ability to assess and optimize dashboards/apps with a focus on performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Developing analytics and machine learning solutions using Azure Services and other platforms (as required by the business).
- Ability to apply data quality and data governance tools and methods.
- Good Linux and/or Powershell scripting skills
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform.
- Good appreciation of cyber security and pen testing of applications (significant experience in this area is not essential but would be desirable).
- Passion for researching and evaluating new tools and methodologies with a view to implementing solution/environment improvements.
- Comfortable learning new technologies & working in a fast-paced small-team environment.
- Confidence and ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Open to travel to assist with execution of short- and medium-term projects across the global business if required.
Qualifications / Experience Requirements:
- 3-5 years' experience in an applicable Data or DataOps role involving intensive use of cloud data services. A reasonable portion of this time shall have been using Azure Data Services.
- Bachelor's or post-graduate degree in computer science / engineering.
- Azure certifications an advantage (but not essential if experience can be demonstrated).
- Additional qualification in a discipline such as data science, analytics, statistics or a related quantitative field would be an advantage.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.