Skills: Project Management, Mining
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking Senior Project Managers for our Mining and Minerals consulting and EPCM projects in our Oakville, ON, office in Canada.
This is a strategic role, that will be filled contingent on award of project, and has overall responsibility for overseeing the development of budgets, schedules and reports as well as for the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Ensuring the management and coordination of project staff and sub-contractors to ensure safe, cost effective, efficient and timely completion of projects in order to meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Acting as a technical professional resource for the successful competition of multiple major challenging projects
- Managing all phases of an EPC/M project, including: project planning/execution, engineering, construction, through to pre-commissioning
- Developing and maintaining communication channels with clients, stake holders, and internal personnel to ensure that work flows smoothly as well as providing first class engineering services
- Mentoring and training junior internal personnel to groom individuals as well as complete project teams to become more prepared to take on additional roles and responsibilities
- Overseeing the development of project budgets, schedules and reports
- Gathering up to date information first hand at sites, meeting with clients and constantly monitoring work performances
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering from a recognized university
- With between 15-20 years' experience in an EPC / EPCM environment, construction and/or operations supporting the mining industry, including at least 5 years increasing responsibility as a project manager
- Mining project experience is essential; will consider candidates with a combination of mining project experience along with heavy civil, petro-chemical or O&G project experience
- Experience in managing greenfield, or large brownfield projects is required ($100Mn-$1 Bn)
- Completion of a diploma or degree in a certified project management program is considered an asset
- Ability to develop new, proprietary and innovative solutions to current processes is an asset
- A willingness to travel, both domestic and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.