Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a Construction Materials Testing Technician to join our Central Canada Materials Testing group based out of our Windsor (Tecumseh), Ontario office. Join our team of specialists who provide materials testing and quality assurance as an integral component to design, and ensure projects are built with the safest and most sustainable materials. We provide materials testing and quality assurance services on some of the biggest projects in Canada.
- Laboratory Testing of soils, aggregates, and concrete in strict accordance with the applicable Canadian Standard Association (CSA), Canadian Council of Independent Laboratory (CCIL) and American Standard Testing Materials (ASTM) standards.
- Become CCIL Certified for concrete, aggregates, and hot mix asphalt.
- Road and foundation subgrade inspections, concrete re-bar inspections.
- Quality Control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA) testing of soils, aggregate and asphalt on a wide variety of construction projects such as commercial, industrial, and institutional building sites and infrastructure projects.
- QC & QA testing includes liaison with the design consultants, providing recommendations to and directing the contractor on how to best reach the applicable Ontario Provincial Standard Specification (OPSS) standards as well as the contract specifications.
- Safely using a nuclear density / moisture gauge, it is use being governed by the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC), and safe transportation as per the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) regulations; and
- Daily preparation of field and laboratory testing / inspections reports.
Skills / Qualifications
- Min. 1 year experience with materials testing and inspection.
- Diploma in Civil Technology or Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with OACETT or PEO.
- Familiar with civil construction practices and relevant testing standards.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems.
- Strong written, verbal communication and people management skills.
- Experience in writing technical reports, business development and client relations.
- Able to work independently in construction and laboratory settings and liaise with local office manager, supervisors, and contractor personnel.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving experience; and
- Travel out of town and willing to work overtime including nightshifts and weekends .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.