Skills: Project Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions Group is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Project Manager to join our Project Management Office based in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario with flexibility to work remotely.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful delivery of design and construction management projects related to multi discipline engineering services. Additionally the incumbent will be involved in identifying new business opportunities with existing clients in the public and private sectors.
This position will offer an excellent career development opportunity for someone who has current experience in management of projects, technical staff and client liaison, and wishes to be involved in the growth and development of our business operation.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in construction and civil engineering industry. Wood has extensive, long standing experience with provincial government and municipal government clients and you would be working with staff members that are well respected in the industry with in-depth knowledge of the municipal engineering sector. Wood also provides the opportunity to interact and work with many other technical experts from other regions, as required, to support our municipal infrastructure group.
- Management of project budgets, schedules and client deliverables
- Manage the planning and design work for civil and municipal infrastructure projects
- Manage and supervision of technical staff
- Oversee the preparation and review of construction contracts, plans, specifications and tender documents
- Liaise with contract administration and construction inspection staff
- Preparation of proposal documents
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Identification and development of new business opportunities
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc.in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of experience leading $10M engineering projects in construction and civil engineering industry
- Professional Engineer in Ontario, P.Eng or eligbility to obtain
- Registered with or eligible to register as a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Proven project management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.