Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an exciting career opportunity in our Physical Hydrogeology Group for a Hydrogeological Technician. This position is based in the Greater Toronto Area and will support our infrastructure, municipal and mining work. The position will report to one of the group's Senior Hydrogeologists and will be based in our Richmond Hill or Burlington office.
The successful candidate will be working with a highly motivated team of professionals delivering quality services on technically challenging projects. You would become involved with primarily physical hydrogeological investigations to support multi-disciplinary projects in a variety of fields, including construction dewatering assessments and permitting, water supply, transportation, mining, oil and gas, and energy projects, among others across Ontario.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for collection of data under direction from Senior Staff, including: logging of soil borings and rock cores, oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations, collection of surface water and groundwater samples and levels, collect surface water flows, aquifer testing (slug tests and pumping tests) and drilling or test pitting supervision
- Collect and evaluate field measurements and record data in clear and concise field notes
- Follow company safety standards, participate in safety training, prepare and implement site safety plans
- Interact with client, contractor or subcontractor representatives on project sites
- Work with other disciplines within Wood including but not limited to environmental, geotechnical and water resources
- Work collaboratively with members of the Hydrogeology Group and team members from other internal business lines and offices, as well as external sub-contractors/consultants, and clients
- Opportunities to collaborate with Wood teams across Ontario and sometimes across Canada and internationally
Skills / Qualifications
- College diploma or University degree in a related field, with an interest in hydrogeology or groundwater
- Be hands-on/mechanically inclined and enjoy working in the outdoors in all weather conditions
- Up to 5 years of related work experience
- Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscience with strong problem-solving skills
- Possess valid driver's license and vehicle appropriate for carrying field equipment
- Must be willing to travel (mostly within Southern Ontario, but with occasional remote northern or out of province projects)
- Available to work overtime if necessary
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word and Excel)
- Some knowledge of ArcGIS or interest in learning ArcGIS considered an asset
- Eligibility for registration as a CET or GIT or equivalent considered an asset
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver's License
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.