Skills: Maintenance Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Are you looking for a long-term career opportunity? Come join Wood as we are looking for Maintenance Technician in Chicago, IL. Wood offers full time medical benefits, 401k, vacation, LTD/STD and much more. The main function of the maintenance technician is to perform work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Dismantle devices to access and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
Skills / Qualifications
- Basic hand tool understanding and use - wrenches, screwdrivers, etc...
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, analytical and problem solving ability.
- Team player and detail oriented.
- Basic knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Basic knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Fork truck experience
- Harness trained
- Confined space entry certification
- Basic electrical experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.