Skills: Civil Engineering, Geologist
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a career opportunity for an Environmental Service Line Leader to join our team in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The successful candidate will manage environmental services operations and projects in Albuquerque and surrounding areas.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Successfully manage environmental team and projects for the Albuquerque office. The position will involve business development, project management, and coordination and implementation of project work associated with environmental projects including regulatory compliance, permitting, environmental site assessments, and remediation in the industrial/commercial, government, mining, and energy sectors. Experience with hazardous waste management, underground storage tank permanent closures and corrective actions, and Phase I, Phase II, and Remedial Investigations is a must. Project-related responsibilities will include project management, senior review and quality assurance of work products developed by the technical staff. It will be essential to interact routinely and openly with technical and managerial staff.
- Will take a leadership role in the development and management of the environmental service line business in the Albuquerque Office
- Management of the environmental team performance
- Developing and driving growth strategies for our environmental business including networking outside and inside Wood.
- Support achieving sales and operational benchmarks.
- Prepare proposals and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals.
- Prepare Health and Safety Plans (HASPs) and demonstrate the ability to implement safe work practices in the field in accordance with the HASP and other applicable regulations.
- Perform environmental services and project management and be responsible for technical and management of deliverables.
- Evaluate findings, make recommendations, and prepare written and verbal reports.
- Oversee staff, site work and management of subcontractors.
- Manage client relationships.
- Meet with clients and deliver presentations, as appropriate.
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables.
- Participates in local professional organizations.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil Engineering, Geology or a related discipline.
- 12 years + experience in related field.
- Proven leadership style that promotes teamwork, innovation and results.
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE or PG in NM.
- Strong background providing environmental consulting services to clients in the oil & gas, industrial/commercial, mining, energy and government sectors in New Mexico and surrounding areas.
- Strong Business Development skills with ability to consistently develop clients and project work.
- Demonstrated scientific or engineering expertise in the area of environmental regulations, with an emphasis on multimedia (air, water, and waste) environmental management regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with permitting and regulatory compliance under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA); Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA); Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA); Clean Water Act (CWA); and Clean Air Act (CAA).
- Experience with environmental compliance audits, hazardous waste management, underground storage tank permanent closures and corrective actions, and Phase I, Phase II, and Remedial Investigations .
- Possesses and demonstrates enthusiasm to developing client and strategic teaming relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of functioning independently on project and office-specific issues.
- Must pass drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.